From Chiang Rai city travel to Mae Sai District, where there are many artists as listed below.
Interesting sights along the way
- Chiang Rai Ai Oon Gallery by Chaiwichit Sitthiwong 750 meters from Ban Pasang soi Baandam (Black House) by Thawan Duchanee in Tambol Ban Du Home Haeng Hug Gallery by Teerayut and Orapin Suebtim Ban Pa Har is on the right side of the road if you drive from Chiang Rai. An interesting historical site near these 3 galleries is Wat Prathat Chomsak Sangwararam.
- Doi Din Dang Pottery by Somluk Pantiboon, nearby, you can visit Wat Pa-Or Romyen, a newly built temple with a Bamboo Pagoda which contains jars filled with 84,000 Buddha amulets and also mural painting by Songdej Thipthong. Keep travelling further and you will find a hilltribe village (Long Neck Karen Village) which is home to 5 different hill tribes.
- Aphirak Punmoonsilp’s Gallery (Ban Mai Patthana Soi 4,4km from the turn off to Doi Mae Salong). After visiting Aphirak’s house you can travel further to Doi Mae Salong, have great Yunnese food with aromatic tea, then worshiping Srinakarin Maha Santakiri Pagoda, and in winter you can see the area blanketed with Thai cherry blossoms.
- Songdej Thipthong’s Gallery (turn left at Wat Mae Kham for 2 km., in Ban Mae Kham Sobpeun , Amphoe Mae Chan), this route also leads to Wat Tham Pa Are Cha Thong (Golden Horse Temple) where people give alms to monks on horseback.
- Naris Rattanawimol’s Buddhist Sculpture Gallery (turn left from Chiang Saen intersection for 500 m.) near the northern most point of Chiang Rai and the Burmese border, you can also go to visit Wat Prathat Doi Wao or shopping at Ban Thakhilek.
| Length of Trip|| 2 Days 1 Night|
| Accomodation|| Stay 1 Night @ Baan Mai Kradan 'Lifestyle Hostel'|
| Transport|| Yes (Van, Car)|
| Food|| 2 Meals (Breakfast, Lunch)|